Actor Ryan Reynolds has been in the news a lot recently, thanks to his recent divorce from actress Scarlet Johansson, a rumored romance with Sandra Bullock, and his upcoming films The Green Lantern and The Change-Up. Here are 10 random facts about everybody’s favorite hunk (well mine anyway), Ryan Rodney Reynolds.
1. Ryan Reynolds was born in Vancouver on October 23, 1976. He is the youngest of four boys.
2. Reynolds’ first acting gig was the role of Billy in the Canadian soap Hillside, known in the United States as Fifteen. Reynolds later referred to the show as “a really horrible soap opera…that stoned college kids kept on the air for three years.”
3. Van Wilder (2002) was the actor’s first major film as an adult. The movie affected Reynolds’ reputation for years.
“It made me the party guy,” he said. “I would walk into a bar and people would start lining up the shots. You could sum up my career at that point as a free shot at a bar. I know it affected me more than I'm revealing, because I know that I went years without even saying the words ‘Van Wilder’.”
4. Reynolds underwent intense physical training for the role of Hannibal King in the 2004 film Blade: Trinity, gaining over 20 pounds of muscle. Observe:
5. Reynolds has been terrified of flying ever since his chute failed to open while skydiving.
“It came out the wrong way,” the actor explained. “I had to pull the reserve. I got down on the ground, removed my urine-spackled jumpsuit and threw it at the guy and got in my car and drove extremely slowly home. It was the worst.”
Tags: ryan reynolds